25 June 2006

Fence, Schmence, Realignment, Schmealignment

Two IDF Soldiers Killed, Four Injured Early Sunday (update)
19:00 Jun 25, '06 / 29 Sivan 5766
Israel National News

(IsraelNN.com) A statement by the IDF late Sunday afternoon said that a total of five IDF soldiers were injured and two killed in an early morning terror attack on an IDF outpost near the Kerem Shalom border crossing with southern Gaza.

First Lieutenant Hana Barak, age 20, will be laid to rest in his hometown, Arad, in the military cemetery at 8:00 pm Sunday evening. The funeral for Sgt. Pavel Slutzker, also age 20, will be held at 10:00 am Monday at the cemetery in his hometown of Dimona.

The IDF soldier taken captive in the attack, 19-year-old Corporal Gilad Shalit of Mitzpeh Hila in the western Galilee, was seriously wounded but reported in stable condition, according to a Palestinian Authority news service.

Four other soldiers were wounded in the attack.

***********************************************

This message is for the politicians, analysts, commentators, spectators, and voters who continue to put their faith in Israel's leaders, foreign governments, the "professionals" who have "credentials" and therefore claim to know how to make peace, and the "experts" of all kinds who think walls, fences, Road Maps, expulsions, concessions, sanctions, treaties, accords, and appeasements can and will secure peace for Israel; for the leaders and chiefs in charge of implementing strategies that have such deathly results; and for the righteous of Israel, in encouragement that Adonai sees, hears, and is, indeed, very very angry:
"'My hand will be against the prophets who have futile visions and produce false divinations; they will not be allowed into the council of my people, or be written in the register of the house of Israel, or enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am Adonai Elohim. They deserve this, because they have led my people astray by saying there is peace when there is no peace. If someone builds a wall without mortar, they 'plaster' it with whitewash [to make it appear strong]. ...This is how I will break down the wall you covered with whitewash--I will smash it to the ground, so that its foundation will be revealed. The wall will fall down, and you will be consumed with it. Then you will know that I am Adonai. In this way I will spend my fury on the wall and on those who covered it with whitewash; and I will say to you, 'The wall is gone, and so are those who 'plastered' it,' that is, the prophets of Israel who prophesy about Yerushalayim and see visions of peace for her when there is no peace,' says Adonai Elohim.

'...Will you hunt down the lives of my people while you keep your own lives safe? You dishonor me before my people for a few handfuls of barley and crumbs of bread, killing people who should not die and sparing those who should not live, by your lying to my people, who love hearing lies. ...I will also tear your veils and rescue my people from your clutches, so that they will no longer be in your power for you to hunt. Then you will know that I am Adonai. Because you have disheartened the righteous with your lies when I was not trying to cause them pain and have encouraged the wicked not to turn from their wicked ways and thus be saved... I will rescue my people from your clutches, and you will know that I am Adonai.'"
Yechezk'el 13:9-10, 14-16, 18-19, 21-23


Adonai does not change. His love endures forever.

Baruch haba b'Shem Adonai!


, , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Freedom Fighter said...

Israel's problems, in my humble opinion started in 1967..when the Israeli Labour government refused to rebuild the Beit Hamikdosh on the Temple Mount and gave it over to the Muslim waqf, and did not expel the Arabs from the lands they stole in Judea and Samaria, Israel's heartland.

Call me hardline, but I don't think Israel will ever have peace as long as they adhere to the remnants of Oslo and the so-called `road-map'..drafted with the assistance of several Arabs and an Arab-American ex-US Senator, but without the influence of a single Israeli or Jew.

Jabotinsky was right.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Shanah said...

Baruch HaShem.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home