28 June 2006

Operation Summer Rains

After listening to the flatulence that is BBC News this morning (the only news actually discussing what's going on in Israel-- even if it is from a "slightly to the right of Stalin" perspective, at least I can see live video feed) I turned on my computer to find out what's REALLY going on in Israel.

Sourcelist:

Israel National News
Israel National Radio click "Latest Newscast"
Blogger Commentaries from Inside Israel thanks to Daled Amos @ Israpundit
Jerusalem Post

What I've gathered so far:

With Olmert's policy of "restrained attack" in place, we're very likely entering a "Jenin II" situation, to quote AbbaGav. That being said, I am thoroughly thrilled that the IDF/IAF actually blew up bridges and cut off power to the gorillias--er, guerillas--in Gaza. Early speculation questioned whether or not Olmert would even go *that* far. (I know, I know, this is vulgar, but at least I'm getting a Hebrew language lesson out of this whole mess; I've learned the Hebrew for "pussy" is "Olmert.")

The idea of a certain number of troops going into a prepared and waiting Gaza with orders that probably allow them to do house-by-house searches and not kill ANYONE (because guns don't kill people, palestinian animals kill people) is idiotic at best. It also makes me incredibly angry. IMHO, these soldiers are nothing short of kings for taking on this job that Olmert (sorry, Pussy) forced them into-- let them do their job RIGHT the FIRST TIME. Besides, can any palestinian be considered a "civilian" in a culture that views their people as nothing more than ticking time bombs? Wipe them out. All of them. And if you don't like that idea, you're free to petition the United Nations to sanction my kosher tuchus all you want.

Euphoric Reality (scroll down their page) notes that the JPost has reported that Egypt has amassed 2500 soldiers along the Gaza border and is demanding the PA give Shalit back to Israel. (The phrase "Egypt going against the PA" is Hebrew for "bunch of shit.") I don't trust these mofos as far as I can carry one of the bricks my slave ancestors made for their sorry, dead culture. 2500 Egyptian troops are 2500 Egyptian troops too many and too close to Israel for my liking. Remember all those prophetic allegories about Israel the whore making deals with Egypt that eventually come back to bite her in the tuchus in Ezekiel? Seriously, haven't we learned our lesson about the Pharoahs yet?

The Hashmonean has a step-by-step breakdown of the PA infiltration that started (well, let's be realistic, that stepped-up) this mess via IBA Channel One.

Entertainingly enough, Innocent Bystanders reports on CNN's interview with the PA kidnappers. How did CNN score such a juicy spot? Let's just say that that secret is best kept between Mustafa, a chained monkey, and a certain CNN cameraman who will remain nameless (but made sure that regular HIV tests were covered by CNN's PPO before he agreed to "secure the interview"). We're also given a spiffy map of Gaza to give us an idea of what's going on.

Right now, I'm listening to a rather pragmatic, slightly depressed Israel National Radio host run down the latest events. He's noting that instead of just turning off the power to Gaza, Israel probably chose to bomb the power plant in order to avoid getting guff from the Quartet that would force them to turn the power back on. According to the host, the IDF is pretty much tip-toeing into Gaza, again (and this is MY theory here) because of fear of rebuff from the Quartet.

You know what, Quartet? Bite my kosher tuchus. You hear that, Israel? Shout it! You don't have to answer to these people! They don't care about your country, your army, or your lives! You know who cares? HaShem cares. Your fellow Jews in the diaspora care. That's what counts-- FAMILY. You've got one. Stand proud! Listen to your ancestors!!!

The L-RD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The L-RD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

When evil men advance against me
to devour my flesh,
when my enemies and my foes attack me,
they will stumble and fall.

Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then will I be confident.

One thing I ask of the L-RD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the L-RD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the L-RD
and to seek him in his temple.

For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.

Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the L-RD.

Hear my voice when I call, O L-RD;
be merciful to me and answer me.

My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
Your face, L-RD, I will seek.

Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
O G-d my Savior.

Though my father and mother forsake me,
the L-RD will receive me.

Teach me your way, O L-RD;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.

Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
breathing out violence.

I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the L-RD
in the land of the living.

Wait for the L-RD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the L-RD.


Psalm 27



Now is not the time for fear of foreign powers or local enemies. Now is the time for FEARLESSNESS! Fight in the name of HaShem and He will save us!

Now is the time for all Jews in the House of Israel, whether they are in the land or in the diaspora, to unite in prayer; if we cannot fight with them physically, we can fight with our mishpocha in Spirit.

Rise up, Judah Macabee, Dovid haMelek, Yhoshua Ben Nun; RISE UP!

**UPDATE**

WestBankMama and Olah Chadasha have started a Psalm prayer-chain for our blogs. Keep it up!

, , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home