06 January 2006

a brief word about pat robertson (and sex)

Actually, this post has nothing to do with sex. I'm just taking advantage of a nifty way to increase blog ratings. Since this post is about a ridiculous subject, anyway, I reasoned that I might as well follow the MSM's lead and sex it up a bit to see how the public responds. Ah, demographic predictability.

You know, I usually like to ignore hype-artists like Pat Robertson. However, his recent comments about Sharon being stricken by G-d for dividing up Jerusalem remind me of something he said once on his TV Show when I was a kid. Something so shocking that my mother continues to be awed by it today. When asked about the concept of Land for Peace after the Oslo Accords were signed, Robertson reacted with a statement that can be summed up like this: Why should the Israelis want to keep Gaza anyway? I've been out there before, and it's just a desert. It's nothing worth fighting over.

If I can actually find a transcript or article that sources these comments, I will be glad to link it here. In the meantime, does this mean that we should be on the Pat Robertson smite-watch? Or does it just mean that, according to his theory of why G-d smites people, he should've got his years ago?

1 Comments:

Blogger Shanah said...

Haha. I don't know that I'd even put him in the Buddy Jesus Theme Park section of the Peanut Gallery. After all, why would he want to build a theme park out on a strip of desert, anyway? *huge eye roll*

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home