22 February 2006

First Things First

Lileks: "Instinctively Wrong" [LGF]

And it certainly doesn’t matter once the President gets all stern on the topic and insists he’ll veto any attempt to keep the deal from going through. At that point, millions of previously resolute supporters stand there with their mouths open, uttering a soft confused moan of disbelief.

That moan was a lot louder, and it came straight from Gaza in August of 2005.

First They Came for the Jews

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

Better re-think asking for the kosher meal when you book your next flight out of Newark or your passage on the QE2.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home