13 July 2006

The Armies of the North

IDF Re-Engages Lebanon, Reserves Called Up [Israel National News]

What Can We Conclude:

Well, what did you expect when Iran use the Arabic term for the "permanent removal of body hair"-- a girly towel-around in the shower room? What do these insane creeps do before they blow themselves up in the name of Allah? THEY SHAVE OFF ALL OF THEIR BODY HAIR. Iran's message was ominous, and I can't believe I'm the only one who made that connection. (If so, Israeli Intelligence really needs to step it up in the recruiting department.)

For I HaShem change not; and ye, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed. [JPS]

Once again, HaShem is using Israel's enemies to draw her closer to Him. Am I some sicko for saying that? No. Do I want IDF soldiers to be kidnapped and/or murdered? NO. But I'm a Biblical realist: in the end, Israel MUST TURN TO HASHEM FOR SALVATION. What do the prophets repeat time and time again, but prophecies of future times when HaShem will bring the enemies of Israel against her in order that she turn to Him and perform teshuva that she might be saved. We're seeing this happen, and we will continue to see it happen until the entire nation of Israel-- the Jews inside the land AND in the galut-- GET ON THEIR KNEES AND PERFORM TESHUVA TO HASHEM.

What is HaShem saying through the prophet Malachi in that verse? He's saying that He never changes, that the pattern never changes-- AND BECAUSE HE IS UNCHANGING, ISRAEL WILL ALWAYS BE SAVED.

Now is not a time for fear! Dovid HaMelech, a "man after HaShem's own heart" lived in the DESERT with a band of vagabonds who could have turned on him at any moment, while he battled THE ENTIRE ARMY OF SHAUL! What did Dovid say?
HaShem is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? HaShem is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When evil-doers came upon me to eat up my flesh, even mine adversaries and my foes, they stumbled and fell. Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war should rise up against me, even then will I be confident.
BE STRONG, ISRAEL! BE CONFIDENT, ISRAEL! YOUR SALVATION COMES FROM HASHEM, THE ONLY AND THE UNCHANGING ADONAI!

HaShem, bless the people of Israel with your mercy; forgive us for turning away from your Torah, and please, in your great mercy grant us salvation for the sake of your Good Name, that we may attest to your Great Glory in our lives and the life of our nation.

Other Blogger Coverage from the land is limited at this point. (My guess is that this is due in part to the timing of the events and the call up of IDF Reservists.):

Olmert declares war on Lebanon - or did he? [Israel Matzav]
So far so good. Now, look at this:
The meeting will concentrate on Israel's alternatives for a response in the international arena, including the possibility of turning to the United Nations for assistance and to the Security Council with a motion to condemn the recent attack.
Give me a break! Who cares if the UN condemns the attack? The UN is where the Arabs run when they're losing, not where Israel runs when we're just starting to fight. Leave the UN out of this. They are useless!
Follow the train of Carl's posts to get the full inside story on what's really going on in Israel.

More as events progress...

UPDATE

Hashmonean gives the full run-down of events. Check out the summation of the international reaction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home