31 July 2006

Qana, The "Ceasefire" and The Blogosphere to the Rescue

Qana means that Israel has agreed to hault IAF strikes for 48 hours, with conditions. If Israel is attacked, they'll start bombing again. If Israel finds a target that is life-threatening, they will bomb it. If Israel solves the Qana investigation before the 48 hours are over, the bombing will continue.

The blogosphere has already reported on sufficient evidence to acquit Israel of any alleged crimes. A quick rundown of relevant posts:

Via IsraelMatzav~

Qana building collapsed eight hours after strike

Perspective on Qana

Via Israpundit~

What Happened at Qana?

Qana, Setting the Record Straight

Via Israeli Bloggers~

The Mysterious Gap in Time @ An Unsealed Room

Hizballah Hides Behind Civilians @ Jewlicious-- tons of blogs are linking to this story, a collection of photos taken of Hizballah in Lebanon and smuggled out, proving that they use human shields to hide some pretty big stuff. Full Story Here.

More to come...

Updates

Varifrank has great commentary on the double standards I talked about in my previous post.

I'd love to say that I have some sort of unique insight to bring into this entire affair. Is the temporary cease-fire another careful move by Israel? Maybe. Does it give Hizbollah time to regroup? I'd say yes, but those idiots operate according to chaos to begin with. The most it'll give them time to do is organize more car swarms and marches of protest in Beirut, the supposed "ghost town of Lebanon."

Over at Lazer Beams Rabbi Lazer Brody comments:
"The scariest part of this war is that Hashem is letting Olmert and Peretz go it on their own. For that reason, everything they do is an utter failure and backfire. One asks, why are the Israeli men and women on the street called to pay the price of such unfortunate leadership? Two reasons: First, they elected them; second, they still hope to win the war by military means and are not answering the call for tshuva."
The need for teshuva is real. I'm not talking the whole "I'm going to start eating kosher" or "I really am going to be nicer to people" kind of teshuva, I'm talking real, honest-to-Adonai, ego-deflating teshuva here. It's great that you don't want to sink your teeth into a pork chop anymore; does that mean you want to develop a real, one-on-one relationship with HaShem like King David, or you just don't feel like risking trichinosis anymore?

HaShem puts leaders on their thrones and removes them in accordance with His will. Can I say He isn't working through Olmert and Peretz for the sake of His reputation and His love for Israel? No. What I can say is that HaShem CAN work through each and every one of us if we invite Him to do so. He CAN work through us as a nation if we invite Him to do so. Teshuva isn't just dumping out your guilt before G-d; it's inviting Him to play a part in your life and the life of your nation. This is the kind of teshuva we need if we're going to survive. We're already off to a great start-- we're rallying behind each other and, for once, the minyan isn't arguing-- the minyan is standing strong together! We're showing the world that we can support ourselves physically, emotionally, and financially-- now, let's show them how we support each other spiritually, by coming together as a nation before HaShem.

Come, let us return to Adonai;
for he has torn, and he will heal us;
he has struck, and he will bind our wounds.
After two days, he will revive us;
on the third day, he will raise us up;
and we will live in his presence.
Let us know, let us strive to know Adonai.
That he will come is as certain as morning;
he will come to us like the rain,
like the spring rains that water the earth.
"Efrayim, what should I do to you?
Y'hudah, what should I do to you?
For your 'faithful love' is like a morning cloud,
like dew that disappears quickly.
This is why I have cut them to pieces by the prophets,
slaughtered them with the words from my mouth--
the judgement on you shines out like light.
For what I desire is mercy, not sacrifices,
knowledge of G-d more than burnt offerings."
Hosea 6:1-6

This is the teshuva we need to perform-- teshuva from the HEART! HaShem does not speak only anger through the prophet-- He also speaks of His love for us:

"My people are hanging in suspense
about returning to me;
and through they call them upwards,
nobody makes a move.
Efrayim, how can I give you up,
or surrender you, Israel?
How could I treat you like Admah
or make you like Tzvoyim?
My heart recoils at the idea,
as compassion warms within me.
I will not give vent to the fierceness of my rage,
I will not return to destroy Efrayim;
for I am G-d, not a human being,
the Holy One among you;
so I will not come in fury.
They will go after Adonai,
who will roar like a lion;
for he will roar, and the children will come
trembling from the west.
They will tremble like a bird as they come from Egypt,
like a dove as they come from the land of Ashur;
and I will resettle them in their own houses,
says Adonai."
Hosea 11:7-11

Breathe in the hope, Am Yisrael! Bow before HaShem with a humbled heart, and watch as His salvation takes place before your eyes!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home